It is said learning how to play go is so easy a 4 year old can do it, yet it takes a lifetime to master. Before too long, when we grow old, most of us will just have to give up and call it a life. But we can always try harder now for the sake of the process and having fun, right? If you’re brand new, try looking over these pages to get a better handle. Keep in mind that it only starts here, and you’ll need to carve your own path to strength.
- Go 101: Basics – Fundamental knowledge you’ll need in order to play correctly.
- Go 201: Tactics – What is important in local positions of stones and groups.
- Go 301: Strategy – Perceiving the whole board.
- Scoring – Deciding who wins at the end.
- Rank – How strength is determined and displayed.